Sunday, April 18, 2010

Go Sawx!

"This kind of inspiration is always good for my blog" i said as I ate bite after bite of Ben & Jerry's Boston Cream Pie ice cream.

"what? let me try that..." my wife says as i interupt her with "it says it is Boston cream pie icecream with yellow cake pieces, fudge flakes, and swirls of pastry cream". I didnt realize that by the time I was done reading the lid she is enjoying her first bite of it.

"wow, what is this" she says as she is gesturing to the pastry cream with her spoon.

"I guess that is the pastry cream...can I have that back" I plea with her.

"Do you wanna trade?" she offers.

Needless to say, I loose out on the trade, and more out on that later, but I really really enjoyed this flavor. I don't think I have ever seen this flavor on the shelves before or a "new" anywhere on the container.

The flavor almost starts out pretty errie because the icecream itself tastes like boston cream pie. The other elements of the ice cream like the chocolate flakes, pastry cream, and yellow cake just reinforce that flavor and bring the whole experience together.

I highly suggest all bostonians and cake lovers to give it a shot. The flavor was so good it had this yankees fan saying "go sawx"

In a word, this icecream was very delightful!

1 comment:

  1. All the ones you took a pic of were new. It says NEW on the brim of the lid. I wanna try peanut brittle too. But i have been staying away from Ben & MR Jerry since thier icecream is a true sin when u are watching what u eat.

    ReplyDelete