Thursday, March 11, 2010

I wish I could speak Italian

Oooh, Mama mia this is deliscioso… or something. I wish I could speak Italian so I could give this meal the proper praise that it deserves. I had Marie Calender's Pasta Al Dente: Rigatoni Marinnara Classico today for lunch and it was sooo good I wanted to write about it today (as opposed as a day later which is what I do in all of my previous cases… yeah all two of them.) The packaging promises "Steams to Perfection" and that it is "Rigatoni in a Slow-Simmered Marinara Sauce with Meatballs and Italian Sausage" my thoughts are simple…"ok, lets see" as I roll my eyes.

A minute or two into the microwave process I begin to eat my words… the room fills with this amazing, spicy Italian aroma, and I can't wait to get my hands on this meal. I lift the film cover and as the rush of hot steam escapes its plastic prison my mouth begins to water. I absolutely love the packaging of this meal, the steam basket is suspended above the sauces, which are cooked separately below the pasta. Once the meal is cooked you put the pasta from the upper tray into the bottom sauces. After I mix together they form a match greater than Luke and Laura (oh yes, that was a General Hospital reference.)

As I begin to eat the pasta I realize that it truly is "steamed to perfection" and I think "how'd they do that?" The sauce is excellent it is really incredible, and spicy. The meatballs seems to be a little bit more than meat to them, my impression is that they are a little more bread crumb than what you would make at home, but they are still pretty good considering. I adore all of the spices and flavors that I tasted when eating this meal! The sausage and meatball is its weakest asset but they are really not that bad at all, I have had worse sausage that wasn't micro-waved so I am pretty forgiving. The portion size of this meal is great, at 10.5 oz I think this is where my sweet spot is at. I really enjoyed this meal a lot and it made me regretful that I have to review something different tomorrow.

In a word, this meal was very delightful

Cook Time: 4:30 Minutes

Stand Time: None

Nutritional Information here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I pass by those dinners every shopping day and never give them a second thought. I think I may have to grab some this week.
    On a lighter note, I had to take a shower due to feeling dirty from all the subtle sexuality that was expressed by the author towards his meal.

    ReplyDelete