Friday, March 26, 2010

An ode to Pizza

Pizza is pizza. You can make pizza a million different ways and it still tastes great. You really cant mess up a pizza in my opinion, there is no one right way for sure. Look at businesses like CiCi's. By no means are places like CiCi's, Domino's, or even Pizza Hut the best and yet they are still in business. I think the reason they are still around is because Pizza is more than a meal, it is a bonding ritual. Everytime I eat pizza, especially the bad kind, I am reminded of my childhood. I remember having terrible school made pizza that was shipped in from other schools. The dough was this thick spongey mass that had no crust around its edges. Just imagine that crust with a sweet style marinara sauce, and terrible plasticy cheese and you have Parley Coburn's pizza. God, I miss that pizza. It is true, probably the worst pizza I have ever had and yet I get nostalgic for it like an old girlfriend. I remember eating Pizza in first grade and up with my best friends Joey Maynard, Paul Osteen, Mike Malone, Andy Peirce, and the list goes on and on. Friday's meant pizza and ninja turtles to me then, now it means a whole lot of good memories before life was complicated.



So when I say that today's review was good cause it reminded me of that pizza don't think I am silly. It doesn't really even taste like it or look like it at all, believe me it is a thousand times better. I was pretty hungry, waiting for my micro-waved pizza and I got a little giddy. The smell was filling the room, even overpowering the previously cooked meal by my coworker. I thought to myself "ah, it is pizza day, like so many Friday's way back when." Then for no reason at all I just thought of all of the pizza's that I had before this. Going to my oldest friends house, Joe Maynard, having pizza with him and playing nintendo games (back before it mattered what kind of graphics games had.) Playing roleplaying games with my friends and ordering two sheet pizza's from Pudgies and breaking the game only long enough to get our fingers greasy with some delicious pizza grease. (my wife hates pizza grease, she must be some kind of communist, lol) Then now as an adult going to Pizza Hut with my wife and two children it all makes sense to me. Pizza is pizza and it doesn't matter what it tastes like, just as long as if you have fun eating it.



In a word, I had pizza… it doesn't matter, it was worth the memories.


Cook time: 2:45 minutes

Stand time: 0:30 minutes

Nutritional information found here.


Leave a comment, write a favorite pizza story, or just say hi… thanks for reading and God Bless.

I love my Pizza, thanks for all the great Pizza memories!

5 comments:

  1. I regularly get the Lean Cuisine cheese pizza and its great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have mentioned the name and everything in the actual review. I was so up on my pedestal that I don't think that I mention the name completely. I really do love pizza and this was fantastic! "good pizza, bad pizza... it doesn't matter. It's all good" ~Wedding Crashers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great nostalgia trip. Your past is quite reminiscent and similar to my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I told Ceason I am coming to NY to have my baby there but really I am going so I can eat pudgies for a couple months. There is no pizza in the world like pudgies! I think I'll just buy a tent and camp in Pudgies for a couple months. Man I can't wait to eat that pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh remember the fat piece of mystery meat on top they called a "meatball". I think if that was thrown at me today i would not eat it. But damn i loved it back then. I tell Bri all the time kids the days don't get excited about anything. We would be excited as hell waiting for the pizza guy, once mom called we sat and waited and took turns yelling "Pizza's here! Psych! hahaha"

    ReplyDelete