Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My inspiration

Ok, so today's lunch is an easy one, and considering how tired I am that is a good thing. This microwave meal by Stouffer's is the reason why I wanted to start doing a blog to begin with. It is the Stouffer's Corner Bistro Chicken Quesadilla Flatbread Melt! WOOT! This thing is so good! I had 2 of my coworkers come into my office asking me what that great smell was. Normally I would offer them a bite but I had to keep its roasted red peppers, poblano peppers, onions, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and chicken on a seasoned flatbread to myself! I really do love this and it beats the hell out of any cold and thrown together sandwich (right Tony… yeah I

called out my brother.) I posted a pic of this on my facebook lastweek recomending this to everyone and to my surprise people listened. My friend, and arch-enemy, Brandon tried this and he liked it so I decided to go ahead and do a full review.

The seasoned flatbread is really good, it is one of the meals many defining qualities. I remember the first time I had tried it I had thought "oh this is so good!"and as the bits of seasoning was falling off onto my plate I was trying to use other bits of flatbread to take back what gravity had stolen from me. The peppers and onions are great, that seams to be a strong suit of Stouffer's so far. I just imagine the execs sitting around their oversized table, all brainstorming ideas for new food, and one of them hatching this idea: "If we put really good vegetables on the sandwiches they will not care what they rest of the sandwhich tastes like" and another one pipes up "or if our toasted subs arent really toasted…" The rest of the room glares at him, then they burst out in laughter "hahaha". [see the Toasted Sub review] The chicken is good, it has those fake grill marks on it wich always kind of make me laugh to myself, I don't know who they think they are fooling. The chicken isn't bad by anymeans, but we know it isnt really grilled. Then again the chicken is as real as any sandwich meat is, except it has more of a texture of what real chicken is like. I really like the texture of the meal as a whole, every thing blends well overall. I really can't say enough good things about this meal, but if I could just say one thing it would be "try this". I greatly enjoyed this, and it is probably my first or second favorite thing I have reviewed so far.

In a word, my meal was very delightful.

Let me know what you think! If you try this or any of the products after I suggest it let me know, I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks again for reading, god bless.

Cook Time: 2:30 minutes

Stand Time: 1 minute

Nutritional information here.

I apologize about the lack of pictures on this review... the pictures must have been so delicious that my camera ate them. :)


2 comments:

  1. Wait u have a arch enemy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "fake grill marks" are a psychological trick. Since quality of taste is largely based on one's other senses, it gives you a visual cue to get ready to enjoy the food. I may have to try one myself, after I finish eating thru my monthly groceries.

    ReplyDelete