Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bad Decision

Have you ever seen or done something that made you a little gun shy to do the same thing again? Like if you take a sexual harassment class you will be hesitant to say something off color for at least a couple days after the class. I hope you can relate to that analogy because I know that it is that way for me and I certainly say a lot of off color remarks, but I am working on that. Well, I will be a lot more hesitant to try Asian Inspired frozen food by almost any brand now. Yesterday I had the Thai-something-something by Never-try-this-crap-again, or was it Smart Ones… It was, now I am sure of it. It was weight Watcher's Smart Ones: Thai Style Chicken & Rice Noodles from their Bistro Selections.

This has been the only meal I think I have had where the picture on the box didn't look nearly as good as the food inside. I was really surprised by their lack of effort on their packaging for this product. When I micro-waved the meal it smelled all right so every early indication of my meal was that it was going to be pretty good. After the initial stand time of the meal I stirred everything together and looked pretty good like I mentioned. Fortunately for the reader I took pictures on my journey as I ate what would be considered a bad decision at the end of the day.
I really went against my better judgment when I bought this because I did think "how good can Asian diet food be?" After my first bite I wasnt so uphauled by the taste as the texture. The food left a filmy residue in my mouth. I have never had that from rice noodles or any microwave food.

At this point I didn't want to eat anymore, but my momma didn't raise no food waisting fool.


After a long meal, and much regret I managed to almost clean my plate.


I took a deep breath and inhaled the rest of my food so I could say that I had ate the entire meal.
I wasnt very happy with myself after eating all of that and my stomach let me know he wasn't happy. That brings me to wonder, if my stomach had a voice who's voice would it sound like. I would like to think it would sound like Mr. T when it was angry at me, but realistically it would sound more like Mort Goldman from Family Guy. For now I am just going to pretend my stomach's voice is Christopher Walken, the greatest actor of all time!

So in short, todays meal was without a doubt not a bit delightful.

Cook Time: 3 Minutes... (or something just dont eat this)

Stand Time: 2 minutes (I remember that at least)

Time til I had to rush to the bathroom: 2 Minutes

Nutritional information on the Weight Watchers website, and it was 5 points for those counting.

3 comments:

  1. Rushing to the bath room. I'm guessing thats their idea how people should lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I thought of that too. I wonder if they use that Oleo stuff, I will have to check the package next time.


    Thanks for reading Art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should bring a pb&j as a back up. Thats gross.

    ReplyDelete