Monday, March 29, 2010

The Emperor’s New Food

I really wanted to do something different. I wanted to do something that was out of the box for me because that is what I ask my blog readers to do everyday. I ask them to try a food that they may not have normally tried, based solely on my opinion and description of the food that I eat. So today I went out of the realm of what was normal for me and tried a meal by Kashi… yes Kashi. Friends said that I would be surprised how good the food was and boy were they right. I was very surprised how good it was to say the least. So surprised in fact that I think I actually over estimated how good that it was going to be. The food was not nearly as good as one would expect from a company that prides themselves like Kashi does. Their pompous, better than everyone else commercials, we care about the environment, blah blah blah crap doesn't cut it when it comes down to actual taste. I really feel like this was a case of "the emperors new clothes". Let me explain… Kashi is overpriced and it gives the consumer a higher perceived value, and their marketing would lead you to believe that as well. People want it to taste good because it is all natural and good for you. Well, I am not falling for it! This was crap! If I were at a restaurant I would tell them to take it back and give me something that had flavor in it. The pasta sauce was pretty flavorless, the actual food was watery. This was so bad in fact that I had to go and make another meal. I know it is more entertaining when I rip apart a meal for tasting like sawdust , or being soggy, but once in a while I would like something to taste good. :o)




This meal was completely gross. It was downright unedible! I was trying to eat the wheat noodles and tasteless sauce when I bit into some "mystery vegetable". I had no idea what it was… it looked like a branch from a Birch tree, lol. The funny thing was that the mystery vegetable at least had flavor, it wasn't good flavor, but it was flavor nonetheless. The meal itself needed one of the steamer baskets from the Healthy choice meals, but I am sure that would be to rough on the planet… boo hoo. That'd be too much plastic, *cry*. It was too much on my stomach, that food was grool. I will probably never give them another chance in the micro-wave ring again. :o)

I will upload the pictures tomorrow, I am going home with an upset stomach. (jk, that'd be the ultimate eff you to kashi).

2 comments:

  1. I have never or even THOUGHT of trying that brand. Glad you did it for me. Sounds like it was a meal that all of us would have passed to Beeb when mom left the rm back in the day. Beeb saved us from eating alot of stuff we didnt like and from alot of ass whoopins for not eating. Every kid needs a Beeb growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the hi-res pictures of the food. I tried to decipher the "mystery vegetable" to no avail.

    When it comes to the pastas, im going to stick with the steam preparation kind if I cant do it via a stovetop.

    ReplyDelete