Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Voodoo Magic!

Lunch today was so a.maz.ing! I decided that for the rest of this week I would eat "diet" frozen foods that appeal to a growing boy like myself. I really like doing these reviews but the nutrional information sometimes is a little bit scary so I took the initiative and went the diet route. So for today's lunch I had a chicken, spinach, and mushroom Panini that had red peppers and a (non descript) cheese sauce on Italian bread. I always have to point out when a cheese is non descript because they can get away with any flavor they want. I would rather thing I was eating a poorly made swiss than a cheese food (like Valveta… yuck). Other than a poorly worded description of cheese there was nothing at all wrong with this meal. I absolutely loved it!

I had no intentions of this being a good meal at all. When I looked at the packaging it showed that the Panini had grill marks on it and I laughed a little. So when I setup the Panini to grill my curiosity had me looking at the under side of the bread to make sure there was the pre-made grill marks on the package… none? "What is this, I got ripped… no premade grill marks?" I thought to myself. I know these grill marks are all fake and all but why did I get rooked out of my fake grill marks? A little disappointed, and with a heavy heart I put the meal in the microwave and let it cook for 3 minutes. After the suggested, and incredibly short stand time of 30 seconds I took the Panini out of the microwave. I flipped over one half of the sandwich onto the other to make my delicious smelling sandwich complete and what do I see… GRILL MARKS. What kind of voodoo magic is this?!?! Where did these grill marks come from? Where in the world did these grill marks come from… someone answer me! I looked around the break room and checked to see if someone secretly put a Panini grill in there, and switched out my meal. No such luck.


I had to take pictures of the completed meal and I just kept shaking my head, I was so impressed with the "revolutionary grilling tray". I wasn't even going to mention every stupid promise that these meals offer, but they really delivered on this one. I am so shocked! Imagine my surprise when I took my first bite into my very toasty Panini. You think I was excited just to see that it looked grilled. It was grilled and it was delicious! It was so tastey and warm! The spinach and mushrooms were incredible tasting and the chicken was spot on. I can't believe that this was that good! It was so good in fact it made me wonder why people couldn't stick to diets (like myself)! I know that is aweful, but now I want to eat one of these things for 4 meals a day… wait 3. L (maybe that is why I have a weight problem.) I don't think I can review anything else for lunch from now on these were that good.

I guess I could review these everyday: "Lean Cuisine Panini… STILL AWESOME!"


I highly recommend this product to anyone that has a taste for mushrooms and spinach, or if you just want to check out its cool "revolutionary grilling technology"


In a word, my meals was amazingly delightful!


Cook time: 2:45 minutes to 3:15 minutes


Stand time: 30 seconds!


Nutritional Information found here.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried other versions of this and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the brand that i was talking about hat really does grill. The ham and cheese is awesome too

    ReplyDelete